St Peter's Halliwell

HISTORY and

ARCHITECTURE

St Peters Church

St. Peter’s Church is a Grade II Listed Parish Church built in 1840. It is situated in a residential area; housing is reasonable priced, mainly terraced and semi-detached with some detached. The church was extended to include a kitchen, lounge area and toilets in the 1980s. The pews have been removed providing flexibility in the way the building is used.

Work has recently started to refurbish the corridors which join the church to the adjacent lounge, toilets and kitchen. This will provide a more welcoming, and more accessible, entrance to the church. 

Below are two slideshows showing features of the interior and exterior of St. Peter’s parish church. Use the (feint) arrows each side of the photograph to move forwards and backwards in the slideshows or click the dots underneath the images.